Boca Raton, Fla.-based Modernizing Medicine developed its new modmed EMA for Pain Medicine electronic health record system.
Here are six points:
1. The pain medicine-specific EHR system is combined with a practice management and revenue cycle management system.
2. The system is intended to streamline physician workflow and enhance patient reporting and outcomes.
3. One function of the system, EMA Interactive Anatomical Atlas, allows physicians to manipulate more than 75,000 touch-points on the body as well as see below the skin to discover pain-points.
4. The atlas is categorized into common injury and fracture patterns to aid billing and reporting.
5. The system allows physicians to completed charting, coding and billing before leaving the exam room.
6. It also involves Meaningful Use and Physician Quality Reporting System functionality.