At this year’s gMed Summit, the premier conference for the tech-savvy gastroenterology community, you will reach new heights. The 2016 Summit will focus on trends in the GI industry, new technology updates and the roadmap for 2017. From empowering training workshops to fascinating expert presentations and lively group discussions, this will be an event to inspire and motivate you for months to come. Thinking about registering? Here are nine reasons to attend the Summit this fall.
1. The community of gastroenterology & medical professionals. This November from the 18th-20th, over 200 medical professionals from the gastroenterology community will come together in Orlando, Florida. Will you be one of them? You’ll learn alongside your colleagues and peers and make new friends within the gMed and Modernizing Medicine communities. The early bird gets the worm or in this case, discounted rates. Register you and your practice today.
And for the first time, this year’s conference will be held in conjunction with Modernizing Medicine’s users conference, MOMENTUM. There will be even more networking opportunities with medical professionals in other specialty areas such as dermatology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, plastic surgery, otolaryngology, urology, rheumatology and pain management.
2. The experienced team. Blending the old with the new, you’ll have the chance to meet and hear from all members of our teams including Modernizing Medicine’s executive team led by co-founders Daniel Cane, CEO and Dr. Michael Sherling, CMO. And then of course some familiar faces who will most likely be in attendance such as Matt Schreiber, VP of Business Development, Marina Simonian, Senior Product Manager of gGastro, Erin Dettrey, Product Manager Analytics and Krisanne Fieldhouse, Director of RCM. The combination of expertise and resources to accomplish even bigger things together as one team will be even more paramount at this year’s Summit.
In addition, gMed trainers will answer your questions and also share additional knowledge to further enhance your skills. This is a unique opportunity to collaborate and network with GI colleagues as well as professionals from the larger medical community. Build relationships, acquire new skills and be the first to try new breakout technology.
3. The power of knowledge. Want to know about gPM’s reports, new features and billing? And what about gGastro’s template builder, patient portal and more? The pre-conference begins on November 18th, and you can check out the agenda here. Pre-conference sessions are designed for existing users who may have developed questions over time. Our gMed trainers will answer your questions and also impart additional knowledge that further enhances your gMed skills. Click here to see what we have in store for the main conference as well. Register for both so you can soak up every piece of gastro knowledge you can.
4. The keynote speaker. It’s been under-wraps and we are finally ecstatic to announce that Abraham Verghese will be this year’s keynote speaker on Sunday, November 20th. Dr. Verghese sees a future for healthcare, which marries technological innovation with the traditional doctor-patient relationship. In addition to being a deep thinker about the future of healthcare, Dr. Verghese is a phenomenally successful author with tremendous popular appeal. His most recent novel, Cutting for Stone, was a runaway hit, topping the New York Times bestseller list for over two years and earning a movie deal. The book was also read by members of the MMwit Book Club, which is an internal group that stands for Modernizing Medicine Women in Technology. Want to learn more about Dr. Verghese before you see him in person? Click here.
5. The location. Who doesn’t want to come to the Sunshine State in the fall? The conference location at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando is the perfect escape from the chilling temperatures that pretty much every other state, minus Florida, will be experiencing. Orlando is home to some great attractions (Mickey Mouse anyone?) and shopping. There’s certainly something to keep the whole family entertained during the event including a lazy river and waterslide at the pool. Ready to book your room?
6. The education. You’ll learn not only from the well-versed teams at gMed and Modernizing Medicine but from your peers and industry experts too. The interactive sessions will cater to your needs. You will walk away from the weekend with valuable knowledge and insights.
7. A glimpse into the future. This event is not recorded so the only want to be the first to know about what’s on the 2017 roadmap is to attend the event in person. It’s an exclusive look at what’s to come.
8. The social hours. Sweet swag, a dance party with the “Bad Boys of Reggae” Inner Circle (watch the Bad Boys music video here), great food, good people and an all around excellent time are all part of the experience. We have a reputation for our high-energy, and that includes our client appreciation parties.
9. The memories. Whether you have been to the the gMed Summit in the past, or this will be your first year, lasting memories will be created and you’ll already start counting down the days until next year’s meeting. Perhaps hearing from previous attendees is one of the best ways to really understand the impact of the event.
- “All of the topics that were presented this year were terrific! I really liked the time that gMed spent on talking about future enhancements. It helps to know what’s on the horizon when considering workflow changes.”
- “Tech track was great.”
- “The mix of gMed specific sessions and practice issues is a good mix, thank you.”
Have questions? Want to learn more about the conference? Ready to register? Click here.