As our team gears up for the American Alliance of Orthopaedic Executives, we have three key items to note before heading west for the show.
1. The city. Indianapolis is known as the crossroads of America and this April, it will also be the crossroads for orthopedic executives as the American Alliance of Orthopedic Executive conference comes to town. Recently Travel & Leisure, ranked Indianapolis as the #4 most underrated City in the U.S. for it’s craft beer scene, love for sports not to mention the friendly people and low prices.
Flying into town? Did you know that Inside Indiana Business.com noted that the Indianapolis International Airport has again been named Best Airport in North America for the fifth year in a row? Who knew!
2. Featured speaker Dr. Jason Weisstein. Our Medical Director of Orthopedics, Dr. Jason Weisstein will be speaking on the topic of Strategies to Outperform Your Peers in the New Era of Value-Based Healthcare and MIPS on Saturday, April 22 from 4-5pm. You will hear from him on how as an orthopedic practice you can prepare for the beginning of the broad-based transition to MIPS and value-based care. His presentation will include how to implement strategies to understand how well your orthopedic practice is performing in terms of quality and cost, especially against national benchmarks and how it is more important than ever to your bottom line. To sum it up, orthopedic surgeons who have the right technology in 2017 to collect structured data at the point of care without increased documentation burden will be best positioned to earn incentives in 2019.
3. Our orthopedic-specific suite. As a company we certainly pride ourselves on our orthopedic-specific solutions that are cloud, mobile and touch. To add to that this year we will be demonstrating a number of new products and capabilities at the meeting, including a first of its kind Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS intelligence platform) designed to support value-based reporting. Earlier in 2017, we announced that EMA™, our specialty-specific electronic health record (EHR) system, was among the first to include built-in MIPS intelligence, including composite score reporting, robust analytics and benchmarking reports that document provider performance in near real-time which will put clients on the path to achieve exceptional MIPS performance in 2017. The team will be showcasing and demoing other products and features available within the modmed Orthopedics suite, including:
- EMA – Flagship electronic medical record platform
- Practice Management
- Revenue Cycle Management
- Specialized Registries
- Analytics – including the Clinical Performance Activities Module which provides metrics dashboards to further help physicians track and improve the quantity and quality of referrals and find revenue gaps.
We invite you to hear from Dr. Weisstein and learn more from our team about modmed Orthopedics during AAOE at booth 812.