ASCRS-ASOA 2017 is coming up and our team is looking forward to heading to Los Angeles for the event. In advance of the conference, we wanted to share what our ophthalmology clients have shared about using our ophthalmology suite of solutions including our electronic health record (EHR) system, EMA™.
But before we do that, we want to share you’ll have the chance to hear from a current client in-person at the conference. Neda Shamie, MD of Advanced Vision Care and a Modernizing Medicine ophthalmology client will be presenting at ASCRS-ASOA 2017 on the topic of how modmed Ophthalmology™ and EMA can help improve clinical, financial and operational outcomes. The presentation will take place on Saturday, May 6 from 11:15 am to 11:30 am at the L.A. Convention Center at the Exhibit Level, Exhibit Hall, Industry Spotlight Theater.
And now to share what your fellow cataract and refractive surgeons are saying!
- The ability to access EMA from multiple devices and modify the note simultaneously with another user is incredible and has helped with our efficiency greatly.- Neda Shamie, MD (Advanced Vision Care)
- I love that EMA is built for ophthalmology. If I have a cataract surgery that is a nuclear sclerosis cataract, I can simply click on the impression and plan and it will auto populate for me based on the diagnosis and initial visit. – Elson Lai, MD (Rosemead Eye Center)
- EMA has made me a better physician. My notes are legible, intelligent, customizable and easy to read. Also, the ease of accessibility to patient information is so important for providing better patient care. – Nicole Fram, MD (Advanced Vision Care)
- One of the features I utilize and value the most is the EMA mobile app, Pocket EMA. When I’m on call, I can immediately know the patient’s history, prescribe a suitable medication and email instructions within the app. It saves a lot of time! – Thomas M. Harvey, MD (Chippewa Valley Eye Clinic)
- EMA’s built-in MIPS automation captures the required data for CMS reporting without dif culty, and I can even see my score in real time. Wow! It makes what seems like an overwhelming process simple. With EMA’s help, I’ve successfully scored 95% in MIPS. – Randy Burks, MD, FACS (Ophthalmology Consultants)
- I appreciate that EMA has comprehensive counseling information and treatment protocols for the diagnoses I most commonly encounter.I can create operative reports for anterior segment procedures with one touch, eliminating the need to dictate reports. EMA also provides specific charting protocols for post-op patients that allow physicians to complete notes efficiently while auto-generating the appropriate codes and modifiers.- Ajit Nemi, MD (Lotus Vision)
- EMA is a shining example of an awesome, well-designed product developed and supported by an amazing company with fast, responsive client services. Updates are common and almost always improve the experience in some tangible way. Its cloud-based iOS foundation is rock-solid and requires minimal hardware fuss. Modernizing Medicine is the only company that I would choose to partner with on this journey through the EHR jungle. – Daniel H. Chang, MD (Empire Eye and Laser Center)
Our ophthalmology team will be at booth #2333 during the show. On SnapChat? Be sure to swipe right to find our filter on Saturday and Sunday during the show.