1) Is your company’s EHR system certified according to the 2014 or 2015 guidelines so my practice can participate in value-based care?
Modernizing Medicine’s® award-winning EHR system, EMA™, is 2014 certified and our clients can participate in MIPS. We will re-certify to the 2015 guidelines later in 2017, although it’s not required until 2018.
2) Which Advancing Care Information requirements will be featured in your company’s EHR?
In 2017: Advancing Care Information Transition Objectives and Measures
In 2018: Advancing Care Information Objectives and Measures
3) How is your company going to help me be successful in MIPS?
We are an industry leader in specialty-specific content and usability, offering built-in MIPS composite score reporting, robust analytics and benchmarking reports that document your performance in real time. We also offer patient engagement tools such as telemedicine, patient kiosk and patient portal, along with concierge coaching and advisory services.
4) Which Clinical Practice Improvement Activities options will be included/built into your company’s EHR?
EMA features the following Clinical Practice Improvement options:
• 24/7 access to MIPS-eligible clinicians
• Intensive care management
• Medication management
• Participation in a QCDR, clinical data registries or other registries run by other government agencies
• An enhanced patient portal that provides up-to-date information related to relevant chronic disease health or blood pressure control
5) Can your EHR submit the MIPS quality data for me as a qualified registry, or do you (or I) outsource this to a third party?
We are a qualified registry and can submit the MIPS data on our clients’ behalf.
6) Is the data that I need to report MIPS automatically captured in your company’s EHR at the point of care, or do you (or I) need to export this type of data outside of your EHR?
EMA automatically captures all the data you need at the point of care to build and report your composite MIPS score. A built-in, easy-to-read scorecard to show you how you are performing in MIPS is included.
7) Does your EHR have built-in, real-time analytics reports for all MIPS categories (Quality, Resource Use, Advancing Care Information and Clinical Improvement) so I can see how I am performing?
Our solutions automate the composite score elements that are used to calculate and monitor your MIPS score.
8) Will your company have everything I need to be successful with MIPS, or do I need to outsource any functions or reporting to a third party?
Unlike other companies that require you to use multiple vendors and input information manually, Modernizing Medicine offers everything you need to succeed with MIPS without outsourcing to a third party, including time-saving features like automation.
9) Is your company offering any type of consulting or advisory services to help me be successful in MIPS?
We offer two types of advisory services to clients: a MIPS Assistance Program and our MIPS Premium Advising Services. Both options are designed to help you avoid negative Medicare payment adjustments.
10) What makes you confident that your company can help me be successful with MIPS?
We are a leader in specialty-specific value-based care and a proven performer with a successful track record in Meaningful Use attestations and PQRS reporting. This is important because the Advancing Care and Quality components of MIPS are based on Meaningful Use and PQRS.