Orlando goes way beyond the theme parks, neon lights and all you can eat buffets that may initially come to mind. Thousands of orthopedic professionals and industry leaders will converge on Orlando as The American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS) will take place at the Orange County Convention Center from March 2-4. The conference is one of the top events of the year to connect with colleagues both old and new, learn something new and share what Modernizing Medicine has to offer. As we all gear up to head a few hours north from South Florida to Orlando, there are few things that I am particularly looking forward to at this year’s conference.
1. Connecting with industry professionals. Leading up to AAOS, I always look forward to seeing past colleagues from medical school and connecting with new doctors as well. It’s like one big orthopedic family and there are far less than six degrees of separation in the orthopedic world, especially when you are at a conference. It’s prime time to re-connect both on professional and personal levels. There’s so much knowledge and information in one place, it’s truly incredible. And being the Medical Director of Orthopedics for Modernizing Medicine certainly adds a layer to the experience.
2. Sharing “suite” news. There’s some exciting news for both current clients and potential providers thinking of switching EHR systems. Modernizing Medicine is ready to transform the clinical, financial and operational aspects of businesses. But how? In addition to modmed EMA™ Modernizing Medicine will offer the modmed Orthopedics™ suite. What does this mean for you?
modmed EMA™, the specialty-specific EHR system designed by orthopedic surgeons (myself included), assists physicians in supporting streamlined workflow, improved care and quality reporting – and all orthopedics content is built right in. modmed PM™ which was announced at our 2015 users conference is the innovative practice management technology that connects the front and back offices to improve productivity. And the final part of the suite is modmed RCM™, where medical billing meets highly personalized service, processes and technology to help you quickly get paid what you deserve. This is truly an all in one solution.
Come on by booth 2881 and I would love to personally show you and answer questions you may have. All three offerings and more will be demoed at our booth throughout the conference and I encourage you to come by. If you can’t make it to the booth yet are intrigued and want to hear from practicing physicians that use our solutions, learn more here.
3. Learning about new advancements. As a joint reconstruction surgeon, one of the events I look forward to includes discussions about robotic technologies and their role in orthopaedics in the future. I am also interested in learning more about some of the antibiotic coated implant technologies as well as management strategies for periprosthetic infection in 2016.
4. Going digital. What would we do without a smartphone? It may be impossible to be in more than one place at a time, but I’ve already downloaded the My Academy app on my smartphone to help keep track of all there is to see and do while at the show. In addition to the app, AAOS has very active and informative social media channels – Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn – that Modernizing Medicine will be following and joining in the conversation using the official hashtag, #AAOS2016 before, during and after the show
These digital channels provide another outlet to help connect with leaders and share industry insight in the digital sphere and extend the conversation beyond the attending the event.
5. Relaxing at Tommy Bahama Restaurant & Bar. After a long day at the conference, I want to personally invite you and your colleagues to join us at the Tommy Bahama Restaurant and Bar’s Florida Patio for drinks, hors d’oeuvres and prizes. The tropical atmosphere is the perfect place to relax and unwind after a long day at AAOS and connect in a more intimate setting. For details and to RSVP click here.
We like to say that seeing is believing. Stop by booth 2881 to see what it takes to be the #1-ranked* orthopedic EHR system.
*Ranked #1 on the 2015 Black Book Market Research Top EHR list.