San Diego, is known as America’s Finest City and our orthopedic team or as we like to call ourselves “Team Bones” is heading to this great city for the upcoming American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons Conference (AAOS). With so many things to do, people to see and places to go, I wanted to share five key points that will sure to be highlights at the event.
- The Location. It makes for an extra enjoyable conference when you have the chance to travel to a great city. Having relocated from California to Florida over a year ago, I always enjoy the chance to head back out west. If you’re a connoisseur of delicious food, check out the list from Thrillist of the “50 Things You Need to Eat in San Diego Before You Die.”
- The Networking. Academy shows are valuable events for networking with friends new and old and meeting up with former classmates and co-workers over the years. Peers are a great resource to learn about the latest trends, newest technologies and more. And aside from work, it’s always great to check-in and hear about their families, latest travels and other accomplishments.
- Tips for MIPS. With value-based care at the forefront of everyone’s mind, it’s sure to be a hot topic at the conference. The Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) is still a foreign acronym to many. Turning to a vendor that is a leader in value-based care with a proven track record of successful CMS reporting will be a key component for ensuring that you stay ahead of the pack in the future and qualify for the extra moneys given to exceptional performers. I invite you to visit the Modernizing Medicine booth to learn more about the orthopedic-specific suite of solutions offered as well as the seamless MIPS intelligence platform too.
- Virtual Reality. Some may find it more fun than MIPS, as Virtual Reality (VR) is another trending topic. If you come by the Modernizing Medicine booth (#433) you can not only see a demo and learn more about how the orthopedic-specific suite of solutions can help your practice, but will also be able to experience the future of your practice in VR. Pretty sweet!
- A Rooftop Bar. We all know that orthopedic conferences are long days and at the end of them you want some time to unwind and connect with your peers in a relaxed atmosphere. I want to invite you to join the Modernizing Medicine team at an exclusive reception at Level 9 Rooftop Bar at Hotel Indigo San Diego Gaslamp Quarter. In addition to our team and myself, Dr. Lawrence Lemak of Lemak Sports Medicine and Orthopedics, will be in attendance as well. You can RSVP for the event here.
I look forward to having the chance to meet you during AAOS. You can find me and the Modernizing Medicine team at booth #433 during the event. Safe travels to San Diego!