Ready for a wicked good time at Summer AAD? This summer we’re shipping up to Boston (cue music from the Dropkick Murphys) for the dermatology-centric event. This is certainly one we look forward to every year, but this one is extra ‘suite.’ With the recent launch of our newest major software update with modmed 5.0, there are exciting dermatology-specific enhancements and new product offerings that are to fit the needs of your practice. We started as an electronic health record (EHR) company and have expanded to include a suite of products and services with modmed Dermatology™. Here are 5 ‘suite’ reasons to come by booth 319 and learn more about our dermatology-specific products and services.
1. Practice Management. Now generally available our modern, all-in-one system for scheduling, document management, billing and reporting is designed to help improve practice workflows and boost patient payments. Watch this short video featuring Bill Hyland, CEO of Bryn Mawr Skin and Cancer Institute to learn more about our Practice Management system. You can read about Dr. Bushore’s experience with Practice Management as Balcones Dermatology was one of our alpha practices. Watch the short video below featuring Bill Hyland, CEO of Bryn Mawr Skin and Cancer Institute to learn more about our Practice Management system.
2. modmed Telehealth™: This product is now generally available to all of Modernizing Medicine’s dermatology clients. Store-and-forward telemedicine has many benefits from increasing revenues, to seeing patients who aren’t easily able to come into the office, to treating patients with recurrent conditions like acne, and increasing appointment slots for patients with more serious conditions. Read more about how Dermatology Associates of Northern Kentucky is using our store-and-forward telemedicine application in a recent article from MedCity News.
3. Pathology. Like modmed Telehealth, pathology is now readily available for current clients. This is perfect for in-house labs and gives you the ability to document and bill your pathology reports within EMA. In this recently recorded webinar, learn how you can eliminate time-consuming lab process work with our pathology module. You’ll hear from dermatologist, Dr. Ben Hayes and Senior Product Manager, Amr Assal, Ph.D.
4. Clinical Lab Integrations. Clinical lab integrations with Quest and LabCorp are available to dermatology practices. With these new integrations, a dermatology practice can:
- Send orders electronically for Quest
- Generate LabCorp and Quest specific requisition forms in EMA
- Order right from their compendium of tests
- Receive results electronically right into the patient’s chart tied to the order
- And view the PDF right from the patient’s chart and trend specific lab values over time
The need to scan attachments or entering in results manually has been eliminated. We will be able to share more with you when you stop by during Summer AAD.
5. Specialized Registries. As a company, we have identified the need to offer more options to our dermatology in regards to the Public Health objective for Meaningful Use. Any eligible professional will now be able to opt in to one or more of Modernizing Medicine’s Specialized Registries including Vitiligo, Pruritus, Melanoma and Keloid to meet one or more of the Public Health measures.