Most would agree that technological advances have made or should make us more efficient with our time, so why is it that not all electronic health record (EHR) systems seem to do that? Your EHR system should be one of those technological tools to help you get more.
So how does Modernizing Medicine’s suite of orthopedic solutions, help you get more out of an EHR system and more out of your day? Here’s how.
1. Orthopedic-specific. Our EHR system, EMATM, is specialty-specific, which means that it includes the knowledge specific to your workflow. That’s because EMA was built by practicing physicians, including orthopedic surgeons, to ensure you’re not wasting time sifting through information and fields that don’t apply to you as an orthopedic surgeon. And what if we told you EMA adapts to how you practice? With its adaptive learning and predictive algorithm, EMA remembers your treatment preferences and style of practice, helping to predict your next move. It’s the workflow specific to your specialty that truly helps you move faster throughout your day. You’ll have more time to do more – like seeing more patients, going home earlier or focusing on other areas of your practice. How you use that extra time is entirely up to you.
2. Cloud-based. Oh the power of the cloud! With access to patient data virtually anywhere and anytime (as long as you have a secure Internet connection), EMA works seamlessly across multiple locations, with automatic updates and easier upkeep. Your patients’ data is safely and securely stored even if unexpected situations arise.
3. Mobile. A native iPad application, EMA allows you to face and interact with your patients as you tap and swipe through their exam. You can educate and engage patients more easily by showing them what’s on the screen and have them more actively participate in their healthcare conversation. More engagement from your patients could lead to better outcomes.
4. A complete solution. With Modernizing Medicine’s comprehensive suite of solutions including EMA, Practice Management, Revenue Cycle Management, Analytics, our patient portal, and our patient kiosk, modmed® Kiosk, you’ll have what you need to efficiently and effectively connect all parts of your practice. We have the tools to put you on the path to success, especially with the transition to value-based care including assistance from our MIPS advisory services. Having an all-in-one solution creates better communication and allows you to focus even more on the health of your patients and practice.
5. Automating tedious tasks. What if we told you our orthopedic software could automate tedious and time-consuming tasks such as ICD-10/CPT/Modifier coding? Well with EMA, it’s not only possible; it’s a reality. Not only will it save you precious time, it will help to improve billing accuracy and, in turn, your income. Based on diagnoses and body location, EMA finds your ICD-10, CPT and modifier codes and generates a bill along with your notes. It even shows your current billing level in real time. With the E&M expert feature powered by structured data captured at the point of care, EMA shows what you need to do to justify the next coding level.
6. Structured data: Actionable data captured at the point of care will allow you to experience greater insights and better patient outcomes. The more information and data you collect, the more you can get from your EHR system.
Wonder how one orthopedic practice experienced more when they switched to our orthopedic EHR system, EMA? Granite Orthopaedics shares their story.
Granite Orthopaedics, located in Prescott, Ariz., was using a server-based EHR system that was far from intuitive. With nine providers across two office locations, the expensive license fees and lack of efficiency this system provided prompted a need for change.
Chris Studinger, Practice Director, explains, “Our previous system was template-based and not orthopedic-specific. Also, as the practice grew, the additional license fees were exorbitant considering the lack of quality this software offered. We began searching for a different solution, making sure we considered all of our options given the abundant need for improvement.
We were in the process of looking at twelve different products when a colleague of mine suggested Modernizing Medicine’s EHR system, EMA. We participated in a demonstration and the decision was easy. EMA’s native iPad application is cloud-based, easy to use and is designed for orthopedics; not to mention the pricing was very reasonable. The mobility and intuitive functionally EMA presents positions it in a class all its own.
Orthopedic Surgeon, Spencer Schuenman, MD stated, “Not only is EMA an efficient system but it has helped us be more comprehensive with our billing and substantiating E&M codes that we submit. Because EMA is so intuitive, I rely on the coding it automatically generates to make sure I capture all of the charges necessary, and I have the thorough documentation to back it up.” Want to know more? You can read the full story here.