Secure Messaging, Reminders, and Surveys
Communication Tools for Patient Collaboration, With Features by ModMed® and Powered by Klara®’s AI System
Patient Reminders, Patient Surveys, Broadcast Messaging and Secure Messaging are communication solutions that are integrated with our Practice Management system and are designed to help your practice stay in touch with patients and improve patient satisfaction.
Collectively, these patient collaboration tools can:
- Allow two-way private messaging between patients and staff
- Confirm appointments with automated texts, emails and phone calls
- Remind your patients of upcoming appointments
- Engage no-show patients for a future appointment
- Update your patients with last-minute schedule changes or delays
- Receive feedback after each appointment with automated patient surveys
- Automate recall messages to engage patients to schedule follow-ups
As part of our suite of patient engagement tools, Broadcast Messaging, SMS Chat and Secure Messaging give your patients and staff a way to communicate that’s just as convenient as sending a text. Unlike texting, however, our Secure Messaging tool uses two-factor authentication and encryption.
Other features that can help your practice reduce phone calls with patients while improving patient satisfaction include:
- Patient sending the message can be automatically recognized if their phone number is in your files
- Patient or staff-initiated text messages
- Cloud hosted, offering you access from almost anywhere you have an internet connection
- Configurable to restrict user access to certain patients
- Notifications for newly received messages and messages unread by patients
- Out-of-office messaging options
With Broadcast Messaging (included with Appointment Reminders), you can message groups of patients in a matter of minutes. To direct your message to a particular audience, you can select groups by:
- Appointment type
- Other pre-made groupings
Help reduce no-shows and save staff time by automatically sending patients personalized SMS appointment reminders pre-visit, day-of visit, and post-visit (or no-show), designed with security in mind and fueled by Klara’s AI-powered tool.
Appointment Reminders also provide additional automated features that simplify communication and mimic your workflow to help keep your schedules full, including:
- Pre/Post-Visit Communication: Automate and personalize pre- and post-visit instructions and communication for patients (i.e. no food for 12 hours prior, here’s parking information, etc.).
- Recall: Allows the practice to send reminders based on specific appointment criteria, prompting the patient to book another appointment with the practice.
- Patient Feedback: Ask patients how their visit was and follow up if necessary.
Get feedback to help you better serve your patients without lifting a finger. Our Patient Survey tool leverages our AI-powered Klara engine to help you send surveys via text:
- Automated messaging: Collect patient satisfaction with a custom follow-up text based on their response
- Help increase your online reputation: Help transform satisfied patients into advocates and let less satisfied patients provide feedback privately
- Identify areas of improvement: Dive deeper into potential inefficiencies with additional questions
Our modern, convenient Patient Portal is fully integrated with our cloud-based EHR system, EMA®.
In addition to these patient communication tools, Patient Portal offers another option for messaging between your patients and your practice.
While logged in to the portal, your patients can also:
- Request refills of prescriptions
- View notes, lab results and educational material
- Log in to telehealth visits
Want to see more ways Patient Portal can help patients get more engaged with their care?
As an add-on to Patient Portal, Self-Scheduling allows patients to request or reschedule appointments from the Patient Portal, or from their patient recall message*, without having to call your front desk.
Patients can easily click a link in their appointment reminder to view and select available time slots and enter their information. From there, an automated message is sent letting them know that their appointment is confirmed or waiting for staff confirmation.
See how Self-Scheduling can help your practice manage its schedule while offering time-saving convenience for both patients and staff.
*Requires Patient Reminders