Adapting to New 2021 E/M Codes — Top Changes for Urology
Why It May Be a Bigger Deal Than You Think: Experts Share Tips on How to Prepare
Dr. Nadeem Dhanani, Medical Director of Urology and Mark Painter, BA, CPMA, Managing Partner of PRS Consulting, LLC
This webinar originally aired on January 8, 2021.
2021 is here, and with it comes changes to E/M codes. As you kick off the new year, the last thing you want are disruptions in your practice as your team gets up to speed. And although these changes may be even bigger than you anticipated, don’t panic. Modernizing Medicine® has been anticipating and preparing for these changes, and we are here to help your practice start the year off right. This webinar can give you a foundation of knowledge to help you quickly embrace the new E/M codes.
Join our special guest speaker Mark Painter, BA, CPMA, Managing Partner of PRS Consulting, LLC, and host Dr. Nadeem Dhanani, Medical Director of Urology, as they discuss some of the key E/M code changes for urology and how they could affect your practice. From there, they will guide you through a demo of urology-specific scenarios within our EHR system, along with valuable workflow tips to help you adapt to these new changes.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- An in-depth review of the top E/M coding changes that might impact your urology practice
- Some ways in which the E/M changes will impact history and intake coding based on medical decision making and coding based on time
- Ways an urology-specific all-in-one suite can help your practice staff prepare for changes to E/M and ICD-10 codes
- Specific answers to coding questions, such as:
- How to set your problem complexity, and how default complexity is determined
- Why you are not seeing an E/M code in certain situations
- The review of what data counts towards the determination of E/M How discussions with external physicians, test ordering and interpretations may or may not contribute to E/M level
- How to document prescription management and OTCs
- How to change codes when you don’t agree with the level initially suggested by our system
While we are eager to show you how to address what we consider to be the top E/M changes, we strongly encourage you to thoroughly review the clinical guidance on E/M coding changes provided by the AMA.
Fill out the form for your video
Learn More About the Latest E/M Changes
See how the 2021 changes are affecting the way practices code for office and outpatient services.