With an ever-evolving healthcare landscape, gastroenterology ambulatory surgical centers (ASCs) and practices, now more than ever, require a deeper insight into their business to analyze performance and billing, stay ahead of the competition, and improve their business. Practice C-suite executives, administrators, and billing managers can likely leverage spreadsheet reports from various (and often disparate) systems, but how do you know what to look for, where to start, and what to do with the information? And how can you simplify the information for reporting and executive presentations?
Types of Analysis and Use Case Examples
With analytics integrated into the solutions you use everyday, you can quickly and easily access dashboards for a quick overview of relevant Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) or drill into the data for more detailed insights. More importantly, you can use the data to identify and monitor trends, investigate root causes, use the information to aid in business decisions, and enact change in your workflows—all in effort to align with business goals and growth strategies.
Here is an overview of the types of data you can analyze at your practice or ASC:
- Track and follow your key clinical performance measures.
- Review and compare at an enterprise level or drill down to location, provider and patient details. Compare facilities or provider performance across multiple facilities.
- Evaluate prescribing patterns to assess your cost to deliver care.
- Review your practice’s financial performance year over year along with comparisons to your peers.*
- Review KPIs that drive your revenue cycle.
- Calculate key parameters to manage and predict clinical inventory needs to assure adequate stock on hand.
- Evaluate compliance with split prep recommendations and quality.
How Can ModMed Help Your Practice or ASC?
If you rely on IT to provide reports and are tired of shuffling printouts of spreadsheets, gInsights offers the ability to analyze and answer important questions related to the clinical, operational, and financial aspects of your business. It uses intuitive dashboards and reporting capabilities directly within the gGastro suite to help you quickly and easily identify contributing factors, investigate cause-effect relationships, reveal opportunities and measure results against internal goals and industry benchmarks. From there, you can use the information to report findings, adjust workflows and develop process improvements, inform critical business decisions and help ensure that the business is on track to meet goals and metrics.
“With gInsights, I have the ability to manipulate data based on the specific criteria we’d like to know, which simplifies our reporting and saves me time. It also gives me the ability to drill down to the detailed information that we don’t necessarily see on a daily basis and allows me to look at our performance more efficiently.”
— Cindy Fruge, Director of Finance, Digestive Health Specialists