Effective Date: August 4, 2017
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you access and use the Services, we may collect the following types of information from you:
- “Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify, contact or locate you. Examples of Personal Information include your name, address, email address, telephone number, employer, medical specialty and profession.
- “Protected Health Information” is personally identifiable health information that is protected by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 and its implementing regulations (“HIPAA”). As stated above, if you are a patient using a Patient Portal and have questions about treatment of your health-related information, you should check with your health care provider.
- “Location Information” is a subset of Personal Information that can be used to locate the device you use to access the Services. Location Information may include: (i) the location of the device derived from GPS or WiFi use; (ii) the IP address of the device or internet service used to access the Services, and (iii) other information made available by a user or others that indicates the current or prior location of the user. If you do not want us to collect Location Information from your device, please disable the location setting(s) on your device or delete the Apps. Please note that disabling the location setting may affect certain features of the Services and the Apps.
- “Usage Data” is information that we automatically collect about your use of the Services and your device. This type of information does not usually, by itself, uniquely identify an individual, and may include your IP address, web browser and operating system, device model and manufacturer, and your activity on the Services.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
When you use our Services, we collect the information you provide to us when you, for example:
- Register with our Services
- Request a demo or support
- Contact us with inquiries and comments
- Complete and submit forms offered on the Services
- Apply for employment
- Register for webinars or events
- Access or use the Patient Portal
- Enable the location services on your device.
We may also obtain information about you from other sources, including commercially available sources such as data aggregators, public databases and other third parties. For example, if you are on a third party website and you opt in to receive information from us, that website will forward your contact information to us so we may contact you as requested. We may combine this information with the information we collect from you to help us tailor our communications and improve our Services.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use your information in the following ways:
- Provide you the Services and fulfill your requests. We may use your information to register you, administer your account, and provide you the information, products and services that you request. For example, we provide demos of our Services when you request them, respond to your questions when you contact us and assist with any problems you report about our Services.
- Provide EHR Services to our Provider Customers. If you are a patient of a Provider Customer, we use your information in connection with provision of EHR Services to the Provider Customer.
- Communicate with you. We may contact you to share information and promotional materials that we think might be of interest to you. You may unsubscribe from receiving marketing emails from us by emailing us at email@example.com or using the unsubscribe link included in the marketing email.
- Enhance your experience. We use your information to personalize and enhance your experience when you use the Services, such as tailoring content and advertising and remembering your preferences.
- Improve our Services. Your information helps us improve the content and functionality of our Services. For example, we may use our users’ demographics, interests, and behaviors to create new features and content.
- Products and Services. We may contact you to share and offer to you our products and Services, and products and services of our third party vendors and service providers.
In addition to those purposes listed above, we may use your information for any other purpose disclosed to you at the time of collection.
DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
- Web Beacons. A web beacon (also referred to as clear gif, pixel tag or single-pixel gif) is a transparent graphic image used in tandem with cookies that enables us to record a user’s actions. We use web beacons to count users who have visited those pages, verify system and server integrity and for similar statistical measures.
You can set your Internet browser settings to stop accepting new cookies, to receive notice when you receive a new cookie, to disable existing cookies, and to omit images (which will disable pixel tags). Note that the opt-out will apply only to the browser that you are using when you elect to opt out of advertising cookies. Please note, without cookies or pixel tags, you may not be able to take full advantage of all features of our Services.
Some web browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” feature (“DNT”) that signals to the websites that you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Many websites and applications, including our Services, do not currently respond to web browser DNT signals because such signals are not yet uniform. For more information about DNT signals, please visit allaboutdnt.com.
YOUR CHOICES; INTEREST-BASED ADS
We encourage you to communicate your preferences to us about how we use your information.
- You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by following the instructions included in each communication or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may review and request changes to the Personal Information we have collected about you by contacting us at the information included in the Contacting Us section below.
We may use third-party service providers to serve advertisements on our behalf across the Internet. These advertising service providers may collect (through the use of Data Collection Technologies) non-identifiable information about your visits to and interactions with our Services. In addition to the information about your visits to our Site, our service providers may also use the information about your visits to other websites to target advertisements for products and services available from us. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices for not having this information used by third-party service providers, please visit networkadvertising.org. You may manage your third-party advertising preferences by clicking here.
YOUR CALIFORNIA RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 gives California residents the rights to request certain information regarding our disclosure of their Personal Information to third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with affiliated third parties, some of which do not share the name of Modernizing Medicine, for their own direct marketing purposes. You may request information regarding the disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes by sending an email to: email@example.com or writing us at:
Modernizing Medicine, Inc.
3600 FAU Boulevard, Suite 202
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
Attention: General Counsel
Modernizing Medicine respects the privacy of all online users, especially children. Our Services are not intended for use by or directed to children under 18 years of age. If you are under 18 years old or otherwise have not attained the age of majority in your state of residence, you must have your parent or other legal representative’s permission to use the Services. We, do not knowingly collect information, including personal information as defined by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, from children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe he or she has disclosed personal information to us, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we delete and stop use of that information. If we learn that we have received any information directly from a child under age 13 without first receiving his or her parent’s verified consent, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child (or his or her parent or legal guardian) to inform the child that he or she cannot use the Services. We will then subsequently delete that child’s information.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
The security of Personal Information is important to us. We use reasonable safeguards aimed to protect against unauthorized use, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the Personal Information we collect and maintain. You should keep in mind, however, that no data transmitted over the Internet is 100% secure and any information disclosed online can potentially be collected and used by parties other than the intended recipient. As a result, while we strive to protect your information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from our Services.
NOTE TO INTERNATIONAL VISITORS
If we make material changes that would impact your use of the Services, we will endeavor to notify you of the changes, such as by posting a notice directly on the Services, by sending an email notification (if you have provided your email address to us), or by any other reasonable method.