Specialty-Specific Value-Based Care
Why MIPS Performance Matters
Now that the Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) is here, your revenue depends on your ability to show high quality and low cost compared to your peers. You need a proven performer to help you achieve success, and Modernizing Medicine® has your back.
As a leader in value-based care solutions for specialty practices, we have a distinguished track record in Meaningful Use attestations and PQRS reporting. This is a key indicator of MIPS readiness because 85% of MIPS for 2017 is based on Meaningful Use and PQRS.
A Complete MIPS Solution, Built In
At Modernizing Medicine, we have embraced the arrival of value-based care. As other practices and clinics struggle to meet the requirements, you can succeed with our help. Built right into our certified EMR system, EMA™, our MIPS solution can gather, track, benchmark and submit your MIPS reporting data:
- Collect MIPS data in the flow of the exam, without adding lots of time or clicks
- Track your estimated MIPS Composite Score and progress on each measure and category
- Benchmark your performance against peers on a daily basis
- Take advantage of our automated Specialized Registries
- Submit your Quality, ACI and IA data to CMS through our MIPS Qualified Registry
Why Choose Modernizing Medicine?
Value-based care isn’t going away, and we know firsthand how time-consuming it can be when trying to keep track of all the factors involved in MIPS reporting. That’s why we work hard to stay abreast of the changes. We can provide you with the solutions you need to achieve MIPS success:
- Industry leadership in specialty-specific EMR content and usability
- Built-in MIPS Composite Score reporting and data submission
- Robust analytics and benchmarking tools tracking your performance in real time
- Patient engagement tools, including telehealth, patient kiosk and patient portal
- Concierge coaching with our advisory services
- Web and mobile solutions
Make data-driven decisions to improve health and cost-effectiveness while succeeding under MACRA. Our powerful EMA EMR solutions dig deep into population trends, care utilization and quality measures, helping you stay competitive. By utilizing structured health-system-generated and patient-generated data, Modernizing Medicine helps improve accuracy, streamline workflows and give you valuable insights that can drive your success.
MIPS and MACRA Explained
When the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA) became law in 2015, it immediately shifted the thought process behind Medicare payments. Now, CMS pays most physicians on a curve, rewarding those who provide high-quality care and penalizing those who fall behind on reporting.
Similar to how previous programs like Meaningful Use (MU) and PQRS worked, the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) is based on the reporting of a variety of performance measures. But now, physicians are measured on how they compare to peer clinicians. With MIPS, if you score higher than your peers, you could receive a positive Medicare payment adjustment. Fail to report for MIPS, however, and you could receive a negative payment adjustment.
What Makes Up MACRA?
MACRA established the Quality Payment Program (QPP), which consolidates the existing quality reporting programs and adds a new component to create MIPS. MIPS factors in four weighted performance categories:
- Quality (replaces PQRS)
- Cost (replaces the Value-Based Modifier)
- Advancing Care Information (replaces Meaningful Use)
- Improvement Activities (a new component)
With MACRA and MIPS in full effect, data is key. Having an advanced EHR system like Modernizing Medicine’s EMA to automate your MIPS data collection and provide robust analytics may be crucial to the prosperity of your practice under value-based care.
We encourage you to visit CMS’ Quality Payment Program site to learn more about MIPS and MACRA.