Dr. Nadeem Dhanani
Medical Director of Urology at ModMed®
Eric Tygenhof, MD, FACS
Urology Team Lead at ModMed
Ronda Tews, CPC, CHC, CCS-P
Senior Billing and Coding Compliance Director at ModMed
This webinar was recorded March 4, 2023.
The E/M coding guidelines changes that took effect January 1, 2021, changed the way many medical providers documented and billed for office and outpatient visits. Notably, the 2021 guidelines eliminated patient history and physical exam as elements for code level selection. Now providers are required to bill based on MDM or total time. As of January 2023, the same changes are being applied to all other E/Ms, including those that take place in a hospital or other facilities, such as nursing homes, skilled nursing facilities and more.
Watch as we discuss the 2021 and 2023 E/M changes and how they could impact you and your practice.
YOU WILL LEARN
- How these changes could impact the way you document
- How our software suite may help you adapt to these changes
- Answers to specific coding questions, such as:
- How default problem complexity is determined
- What data counts as data reviewed or analyzed
- How discussions with external physicians, test ordering and interpretations may or may not contribute to E/M level
- Options for documenting prescription management and OTCs
- How to change the level of MDM and how to bill by time
This webinar is intended for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, medical or consulting advice, and Modernizing Medicine makes no warranty regarding the accuracy or completeness of the information provided. Please consult with your legal counsel or other qualified advisor to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and standards.