Secure Messaging, Reminders, and Surveys
Communication Tools for Engaging Patients
Patient Reminders, Patient Surveys, Broadcast Messaging and Secure Messaging are communication solutions that are integrated with our Practice Management system and are designed to help your practice stay in touch with patients and improve patient satisfaction.
Collectively, these patient engagement tools can
- Allow two-way private messaging between patients and staff
- Confirm appointments with automated texts, emails and phone calls
- Remind your patients of upcoming appointments
- Engage no-show patients for a future appointment
- Update your patients with last-minute schedule changes or delays
- Receive feedback after each appointment with automated patient surveys
- Automate recall messages to engage patients to schedule follow-ups
As part of our suite of patient engagement tools, Broadcast Messaging, SMS Chat and Secure Messaging give your patients and staff a way to communicate that’s just as convenient as sending a text. Unlike texting, however, our Secure Messaging tool uses two-factor authentication and encryption.
Other features that can help your practice reduce phone calls with patients while improving patient satisfaction include:
- Patient sending the message can be automatically recognized if their phone number is in your files
- Patient or staff-initiated text messages
- Cloud hosted, offering you access from almost anywhere you have an internet connection
- Configurable to restrict user access to certain patients
- Notifications for newly received messages and messages unread by patients
- Out-of-office messaging options
With Broadcast Messaging (included with Appointment Reminders), you can message groups of patients in a matter of minutes. To direct your message to a particular audience, you can select groups by:
- Patient or staff-initiated text messages
- Appointment type
- Other pre-made groupings
It’s important for your practice to stay on top of your appointment schedule. Patient Reminders offer a way to help. Using a bidirectional interface with Modernizing Medicine’s Practice Management solution, Patient Reminders can directly update your PM system hourly when appointments are cancelled or confirmed.
Some features that can help your practice’s schedule include:
- Appointment Reminders: Connect with your patients at different times through voice, email and text. Use our standard setup, or configure messages based on provider, location and appointment type.
- Broadcast Messenger (included with Appointment Reminders): Message groups of patients in a matter of minutes.
- Patient Recalls: With custom recall messages, your practice can help patients remember to schedule their next follow-up appointment, even several months in advance.
- No-show Engagement: If you choose to enable No-show Engagement, patients marked in PM as no-shows will receive a text or email asking if they would like to reschedule. Patients can click the link in the message to call your practice directly.
Get feedback to help you better serve your patients with three ready-made patient satisfaction surveys sent via text and email:
- Reputation Management: Help transform satisfied patients into advocates for your practice and let less satisfied patients provide feedback privately.
- Visit Survey: Get actionable patient feedback and coordinate service recovery.
- Practice CAHPS®* – Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems: Take a deep dive into the patient experience with an in-depth survey that was built to mimic CAHPS Clinician & Group Survey (CG-CAHPS) results.
*This is not a certified CAHPS survey. CAHPS®: Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems CAHPS is a program of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Our modern, convenient Patient Portal is fully integrated with our cloud-based EHR system, EMA®.
In addition to these patient communication tools, Patient Portal offers another option for messaging between your patients and your practice.
While logged in to the portal, your patients can also:
- Request refills of prescriptions
- View notes, lab results and educational material
- Log in to telehealth visits
Want to see more ways Patient Portal can help patients get more engaged with their care?
As an add-on to Patient Portal, Self-Scheduling allows patients to request or reschedule appointments from the Patient Portal, or from their patient recall message*, without having to call your front desk.
Patients can easily click a link in their appointment reminder to view and select available time slots and enter their information. From there, an automated message is sent letting them know that their appointment is confirmed or waiting for staff confirmation.
See how Self-Scheduling can help your practice manage its schedule while offering time-saving convenience for both patients and staff.
*Requires Patient Reminders
Ready to Engage Your Patients Like Never Before?
Connect with one of our specialists to see how our patient engagement tools are the right fit for the modern practice.