Modernizing Medicine Showcases Award-Winning Ophthalmology EHR and Suite of Solutions at ASCRS ASOA 2019 Annual Meeting
Ophthalmology software solutions can help bolster practice and ASC performance and enhance the patient experience
BOCA RATON, Fla. – April 30, 2019 – Specialty-specific healthcare information technology leader Modernizing Medicine® will showcase its modmed® Ophthalmology suite of solutions at the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery Annual Meeting 2019 (ASCRS) from May 4 – May 6, 2019 during exhibiting hours in San Diego, Calif. At the show, Modernizing Medicine will display its ophthalmology software solutions, which are designed to help increase practice and ambulatory surgical center (ASC) efficiencies while also working to improve patient engagement.
Selecting an ophthalmology electronic health record (EHR) system is an important decision and the level of specialty-specific capabilities available out-of-the-box varies greatly. Modernizing Medicine’s EMA™ EHR system comes with ophthalmology diagnoses, procedures, and treatment plans built in. Modernizing Medicine also offers an Image Management solution that can be accessed from within a patient’s chart.
“I’m looking forward to speaking with like-minded colleagues about how to select the best technology solutions for their practice. As an ophthalmologist, I understand the impact technology can have on practice performance and know how important selecting an EHR system is,” said Dr. Michael Rivers, director of EMA ophthalmology at Modernizing Medicine. “Physician burnout continues to be an issue for ophthalmologists, and it is critical to understand how technology can be used to benefit patients while improving and streamlining practice operations. Our ophthalmology EHR, EMA, is easy-to-use and adapts to the workflow of your practice.”
At ASCRS ASOA 2019 Annual Meeting, Modernizing Medicine will not only showcase the various solutions available within modmed Ophthalmology, but a current user will also provide insight into how the solution works at their own practice.
“After switching to EMA and Practice Management, the time we spend reporting on each patient has decreased significantly and our providers are able to spend more time with their patients during appointments,” said Linda Gallo*, practice administrator at Galiani Ophthalmology Associates. “In addition, our patients are engaged in their own care. They benefit from appointment reminders and mobile access to personalized care instructions. This has improved the practice’s credibility and the patients’ overall experiences.”
Within Modernizing Medicine’s modmed Ophthalmology suite, ophthalmologists have access to a variety of solutions including:
- EMA – a cloud-based ophthalmology EHR system developed by practicing ophthalmologists and ranked as the #1 ophthalmology EMR by Black Book™ in 2019. The recently released advanced mode eye exam offers a new simplified workflow for exams along with a note-style layout for more easily documenting patient encounters. The native iPad application also includes built-in medical wisdom for ophthalmic subspecialties, including cataract and refractive, glaucoma, retina, oculoplastics and pediatrics. EMA was built with the ophthalmologist’s workflow in mind, helping them move through exams efficiently.
- Built in Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS)** composite score reporting and data submission.
- Image Management – centralized access to patient records and diagnostic images from EMA.
- Patient Engagement tools – provide the ability send Appointment Reminders as well as Patient Surveys. This also includes the modmed® Kiosk designed to enable patients to perform self-service tasks at the doctor’s office.
- Practice Management – a multi-specialty practice management system that is integrated with EMA and provides facility billing functionalities.
- Analytics – a visual platform that allows practices to turn data into insights, from enterprise to a patient level, to help improve clinical, financial and operational performance.
- ASC Solution – The ambulatory surgical center electronic records and operative report adapts to current ASC workflows, to help expedite notes and reporting for outpatient procedures
Linda Gallo, Dr. Rivers and staff members from Modernizing Medicine will be at booth #737 during exhibiting hours on May 4 – 6, 2019 where you can see a demo of EMA and the other solutions for cataract and refractive surgeons. If you are not able to attend the show but would like to learn more about modmed Ophthalmology, please visit the company online at www.modmed.com/ophthalmology/.
About Modernizing Medicine
Modernizing Medicine® and its affiliated companies empower physicians with suites of mobile, specialty-specific solutions that transform how healthcare information is created, consumed and utilized to increase practice efficiency and improve patient outcomes. Built for value-based healthcare, Modernizing Medicine’s data-driven, touch- and cloud-based products and services are programmed by a team that includes practicing physicians to meet the unique needs of dermatology, gastroenterology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, otolaryngology, pain management, plastic surgery and urology practices, as well as ambulatory surgery centers. For more information, please visit www.modmed.com. Connect with Modernizing Medicine on our Blog, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
For more information, contact:
Matter for Modernizing Medicine