New Product and Service Enhancements Support Quality Patient Care, Streamline Office Workflow and Support Value-based Purchasing
Boca Raton, Fla. – March 3, 2016 – Modernizing Medicine, Inc., the creator of the specialty-specific, cloud-based electronic health record (EHR) system Electronic Medical Assistant® (EMA™), will present the latest developments to its comprehensive dermatology-specific solution suite at the Association of Dermatology Administrators & Managers (ADAM) Annual Meeting and The American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) Annual Meeting this week.
Committed to providing specialty-specific solutions and services that help physicians improve efficiencies in their medical practices, Modernizing Medicine will present all of the data-centric capabilities within its new complete solutions suite, ModMed Dermatology™:
- EMA™: The iPad-native EMA is the industry-leading specialty-specific EHR system used by over 35% of U.S. dermatologists. This mobile, cloud-based EHR system ranked #1 on Black Book Market Research Top EHR list in the dermatology space for the past two consecutive years. Designed by practicing dermatologists, the EHR system automatically adapts to each provider’s unique style of practice.
- Practice Management: Built by Modernizing Medicine’s own practice management professionals, the company’s Practice Management system streamlines the financial and operational flow of information. Integrated directly within EMA, PM is an all-in-one solution for improved patient and office flows for the front desk, patient billing, practice administrators and medical staff.
- Revenue Cycle Management: More than just a billing service, Modernizing Medicine’s RCM service uses industry-leading technology, people and customized processes designed to help improve efficiency and increase practice revenue. RCM manages the processes that impact a practice’s bottom line from first patient contact to paid account balances.
- Pathology: This fully integrated pathology module is designed to support individuals or small groups of providers to practices with larger laboratories. With over 900 diagnoses, Pathology includes 100 stains and abbreviations built directly into the platform, reducing the need to manually type out every test. Physicians can receive pathology results in EMA, enabling them to practice data-driven care and focus on patients to improve outcomes.
- ModMed Telehealth™: Modernizing Medicine’s telemedicine solution for dermatology creates a new revenue stream for providers and expands access for the patients of a practice. Physicians can provide remote quality care while reserving office time to focus on more complex patient cases.
“Modernizing Medicine recognizes that the future of how doctors get paid depends on how each doctor manages their costs and performs on quality measures compared with their peers, so our systems were designed to support population management and value-based reimbursement including the Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS),” said Dr. Michael Sherling, co-founder and chief medical officer at Modernizing Medicine. “Our dermatology-specific EHR, RCM and practice management services provide a collective solution for physicians looking to adopt an easy-to-use and effective system, and we’re looking forward to showcasing them at ADAM and AAD.”
“PM is designed by experts that would actually use the system in their own practice,” said Dr. Howard A. Bueller of Boca Raton Dermatology*. “It is everything a PM system should be; the sequencing is logical and the screen view is easy to understand. Another plus is that it’s integrated with EMA therefore eliminating the need for a demographics data bridge. I welcome anyone attending AAD to come speak with me at Modernizing Medicine’s booth to learn more.”
Dr. Sherling has the honor to introduce author and speaker Beth Ziesenis at Avenue Z for her keynote presentation at ADAM, “A Day in the Life of a Nerdy Dermatology Practice Manager.” Beth’s presentation will focus on what a practice manager’s day would look like should they adopt the technology and mobile applications recommended to them. The keynote will take place on Thursday, March 3 from 8:30 – 9:30 AM ET.
Modernizing Medicine recently announced it has joined CommonWell Health Alliance as a Contributor member. CommonWell is a not-for-profit trade association dedicated to cross-vendor interoperability that assures provider access to health data regardless of where care occurs. As the nation’s leading developer of specialty-specific, data-driven and cloud-based EHR, practice management and RCM systems, Modernizing Medicine is in a unique position to positively contribute to data sharing thereby improving patient outcomes, both at an individual patient level and larger population health level.
Modernizing Medicine will be at booth #10 at ADAM from March 2-4 and #701 at AAD from March 4-6 to demonstrate all of ModMed Dermatology’s new products and services. For more information about the events, please visit the Association of Dermatology Administrators & Managers here and the American Academy of Dermatology here.
About Modernizing Medicine
Modernizing Medicine® is transforming how healthcare information is created, consumed and utilized in order to increase efficiency and improve outcomes. Our specialty-specific, data-driven and cloud-based electronic health records (EHR), practice management (PM) and revenue cycle management (RCM) systems were built by a team including specialty physicians and practice management professionals. Our suite of products and services is designed to transform the clinical, financial and operational aspects of dermatology, gastroenterology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, otolaryngology, plastic surgery, rheumatology and urology practices. Modernizing Medicine also offers a gastroenterology-specific Endoscopy Report Writer for ambulatory surgery centers and hospitals. For more information, please visit www.modmed.com. Connect with Modernizing Medicine on our Blog, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. Modernizing Medicine is a member of CommonWell Health Alliance.**
For more information, contact:
Tara Auclair Ryan
*Dr. Howard Bueller has a financial interest in Modernizing Medicine, Inc.
**‘CommonWell Health Alliance’ and the CommonWell logo are licensed trademarks of CommonWell Health Alliance in the U.S. and other jurisdictions.