Panhandle Orthopaedics Experiences Streamlined Workflow and Time Savings With Modernizing Medicine’s Orthopedic Software Suite
Health IT leader to demonstrate orthopedic EMR, Practice Management, Analytics capabilities and more at AAOE
May 2, 2019 – Boca Raton, Fla. — Specialty-specific healthcare information technology leader Modernizing Medicine today announced that they will showcase the latest technological advancements in its ModMed® Orthopedics suite at the American Association of Orthopaedic Executives (AAOE) Annual Meeting. Attendees can visit Modernizing Medicine and meet with current clients, including Panhandle Orthopaedics, at booth #600 during the show, to be held from May 5-7, in Nashville, Tenn.
At AAOE, orthopedic executives from across the country gather to discuss the latest trends in the industry and strategies for streamlining and automating all aspects of practice management. Among these include the latest developments in orthopedic electronic medical records (EMR) such as Modernizing Medicine’s flagship solution, EMA™.
Modernizing Medicine customers such as Panhandle Orthopaedics use EMA and Practice Management to help improve front office and patient intake processes and streamline practice workflows. Prior to adopting EMA, Panhandle Orthopaedics was using multiple vendors for its EMR, practice management, analytics, coding and transcription services. By switching to the ModMed Orthopedics suite of products, the practice has streamlined workflows and improved efficiencies using a single, all-in-one solution.
“We use the ModMed Orthopedics suite to help make our internal processes more efficient,” says Nicole Mayo*, daily operations administrator at Panhandle Orthopaedics. “We evaluated our entire clinical workflow, and we eliminated many manual processes and saved administrative time for our staff to dedicate to better patient care. It’s made a big difference for us and we are much more efficient with our time from the front desk, to the workers’ compensation team, to the clinical providers.”
The Modernizing Medicine team will showcase the latest enhancements to EMA at AAOE and will provide demonstrations of other products and services. In addition to EMA, the ModMed Orthopedics suite includes:
- Practice Management: now with features to help improve patient management and shorten the revenue cycle including appointment wait list, drag and drop appointments, custom claim edits, OCR scanning and referral source tracking.
- Patient Engagement tools: now with Patient Reminders, Patient Surveys, patient portal and the ModMed® Kiosk. These patient experience tools can help reduce no-shows, speed up check in and enable patients to actively manage their care by viewing statements and requesting appointments and prescription refills.
- MIPS Intelligence platform**: EMA’s built in Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) solution helps track estimated Composite Scores and has robust analytics and benchmarking reports to ease data collection and submission.
- Analytics: an integrated platform that allows practices to turn data into clinical, financial and operational insights, from enterprise to the provider level. Orthopedic analytics can help manage opioid patients, identify which physical therapists refer the most patients, analyze claims and denials by payor and more.
- Revenue Cycle Management: a comprehensive medical billing service that supports the revenue cycle management process from before patients are seen until after their balances are paid, including claims and denial management and financial health monitoring.
- WebPT interface: the robust interface between the WebPT EMR and EMA allows multiple members of a patient’s orthopedic care team – from the surgeon to the physical therapist – to share information, improving the care continuum.
- PACS interface: this automated bi-directional interface provides connectivity between EMA and almost any PACS system. Orthopedic practices can experience faster turnaround of studies, eliminate reliance on CDs or DVDs for image sharing, reduce manual effort and provide a better overall experience for patients.
To learn more about EMA and the ModMed Orthopedics suite, visit Modernizing Medicine at booth #600 during AAOE from May 5-7, in Nashville, Tenn. Additionally, Nicole Mayo, daily operations administrator from Panhandle Orthopaedics, will be at the booth on May 7 from 9:45-11:00 am. For additional information, visit www.modmed.com/orthopedics.
About Modernizing Medicine
Modernizing Medicine® and its affiliated companies empower physicians with suites of mobile, specialty-specific solutions that transform how healthcare information is created, consumed and utilized to increase practice efficiency and improve patient outcomes. Built for value-based healthcare, Modernizing Medicine’s data-driven, touch- and cloud-based products and services are programmed by a team that includes practicing physicians to meet the unique needs of dermatology, gastroenterology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, otolaryngology, pain management, plastic surgery and urology practices, as well as ambulatory surgery centers. For more information, please visit www.modmed.com. Connect with Modernizing Medicine on our Blog, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
For more information, contact:
Matter for Modernizing Medicine
*Nicole Mayo is a paid service provider of Modernizing Medicine.
**Additional information regarding costs and limitations and other disclosures for Modernizing Medicine, Inc.’s 2015 Edition certified products is available at https://www.modmed.com/2015-edition-certified-products/.