Modernizing Medicine® Showcases Orthopedic EMR Enhancements at AAOS 2019 Annual Meeting
Collaboration with GoodRx to Improve Price Transparency and Medication Affordability for Patients
March 11, 2019 – Boca Raton, Fla. – Specialty-specific healthcare information technology leader Modernizing Medicine today announced that they will showcase the latest technological advancements in its modmed® Orthopedics suite at booth 3413 at the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) Annual Meeting from March 13-15, 2019.
In addition, the company will share with the orthopedic community its collaboration with GoodRx, America’s leading source for prescription and healthcare savings. EMA for orthopedics will interface with GoodRx, connecting doctors with real-time pricing intelligence on thousands of drugs at nearly every pharmacy in the United States. This collaboration is intended to provide physicians with access to prices at the point of prescribing, and to provide patients with both improved access to affordable prescription medications and a better understanding of their overall out-of-pocket expenses.
The team will showcase the latest enhancements in EMA™, the award-winning orthopedic electronic health record (EHR) system, and provide demonstrations into other products and services. The modmed Orthopedics suite includes:
- EMA: the orthopedic EMR now with PDF Manager to save time and keep paperwork organized; Office Flow to streamline patient journeys within the practice, improve staff communication and help become a paperless practice; ePrescribing Controlled Substances (EPCS) to help combat controlled substance fraud and abuse.
- Practice Management: now with new features to help improve patient management and shorten the revenue cycle including appointment wait list, drag and drop appointments, custom claim edits, OCR scanning and referral source tracking.
- Patient Engagement: now with patient reminders, patient surveys, patient portal and the Kiosk. These patient experience tools can help reduce no-shows, speed up check in and enable patients to actively manage their care by viewing statements and requesting appointments and prescription refills.
- PACs interface: the collaboration with Ambra Health, makers of the leading cloud-based medical image management suite, enhances EMA with advanced PACS connectivity.
- WebPT interface: the robust interface between the WebPT EMR and EMA allows multiple members of a patient’s orthopedic care team – from the surgeon to the physical therapist – to securely share information, improving the care continuum.
- Other products and services: Revenue Cycle Management (or orthopedic billing), Analytics and a Value-Based Care platform.
“The right technology is crucial to manage successful orthopedic practices and reduce physician burnout,” said Dr. Jason Weisstein, medical director of orthopedics at Modernizing Medicine. “I help develop orthopedic EMR systems that I know fit our workflow. Taking tech a step further, today’s orthopedic practice management systems that integrate with the latest patient engagement technology help improve outcomes of the practice, and most importantly those of our patients. We need to work smarter, not harder.”
Clients agree. “EMA has greatly helped increase my practice productivity, and as a result I have saved time in the office so I spend less time on notes after work. My orthopedic EMR focuses on what I do and what needs to be done,” shares Dr. Steven Gorin*, Institute of Sports Medicine & Orthopaedics in Miami, Fla. “EMA knows the common diagnoses I use and is customizable to my style of practice. For example, if I have a specific plan for an acute meniscus tear, that plan will remain accessible so I don’t have to keep adding it every single time. I’m able to remain efficient and productive throughout my day.”
Visit Modernizing Medicine booth #3413 to meet Dr. Weisstein, Dr. Gorin and the rest of the team. Interested individuals can learn more about the orthopedic EMR and the products and services in modmed Orthopedics during the AAOS Annual Meeting exhibit hall hours in Las Vegas, Nev., or at https://www.modmed.com/orthopedics/.
About Modernizing Medicine
Modernizing Medicine® and its affiliated companies empower physicians with suites of mobile, specialty-specific solutions that transform how healthcare information is created, consumed and utilized to increase practice efficiency and improve patient outcomes. Built for value-based healthcare, Modernizing Medicine’s data-driven, touch- and cloud-based products and services are programmed by a team that includes practicing physicians to meet the unique needs of dermatology, gastroenterology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, otolaryngology, pain management, plastic surgery and urology practices, as well as ambulatory surgery centers. For more information, please visit www.modmed.com. Connect with Modernizing Medicine on our Blog, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
For more information, contact:
Matter for Modernizing Medicine
* Dr. Steven Gorin is a paid service provider of Modernizing Medicine.