Leading healthcare IT company gathers users, industry thought leaders, product experts and leadership to share insights and discuss trends
Boca Raton, Fla. – October 17, 2017 – Specialty-specific health information technology leader Modernizing Medicine, Inc. today announced its fourth annual users conference, MOMENTUM, from November 2 – 5, 2017, at The Diplomat Beach Resort in Hollywood, Fla. Users of both Modernizing Medicine and gMed’s suite of products and services will gather to improve their knowledge about the companies’ award-winning electronic health record (EHR) systems, practice management, revenue cycle management and analytics, plus connect with their peers.
MOMENTUM is a comprehensive, four-day event and will feature:
- Pre-conference: the specialty-specific workshops for both new and advanced users combine hands-on practical application with team exercises led by certified Software Educators to improve the working day-to-day knowledge.
- Main Conference: over 70 educational workshops, interactive sessions and roundtable discussions will cover select compliance issues including the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS), industry updates with a focus on value-based care and population health, best practices, product updates and more. These engaging sessions will be led by Modernizing Medicine’s co-founders, medical directors, product experts, billing consultants and others.
- Networking: the nearly 1,000 attendees can enjoy the Friday Welcome Reception and Saturday Client Appreciation Party featuring the popular band, Inner Circle.
- Support: users can schedule appointments with members of the Support team to facilitate individual learning.
- Exhibitors: attendees can interact with vendors offering solutions to complement their existing platforms.
- Keynote: Dr. Vivek Murthy served as the 19th Surgeon General of the United States from December 15, 2014 to April 21, 2017. During this time, Dr. Murthy commanded a uniformed service of 6,600 public health officers, serving the most underserved and vulnerable populations in over 800 locations domestically and abroad. He worked with thousands of Commissioned Corps officers to strengthen the Corps and protect the nation from Ebola and Zika and to respond to the Flint water crisis, major hurricanes and frequent health care shortages in rural communities. Prior to his position as Surgeon General, Dr. Murthy co-founded multiple ventures including VISIONS and Doctors for America, among many others.
In addition, the company welcomes Jitin Asnaani, Executive Director of CommonWell Health Alliance, which helps address care coordination through the sharing of patient information across health IT vendors with the goal to improve patient outcomes. Modernizing Medicine is a Contributor Member of CommonWell and users will learn more about how this interoperability will work in EMA EHR.
“MOMENTUM gives company leadership the opportunity to connect one-on-one with our clients to engage and discuss how we can continue the cohesive relationship to help everyone succeed,” said Daniel Cane, CEO and co-founder of Modernizing Medicine. “Modernizing Medicine constantly reviews industry changes and we try to anticipate how they may affect providers in the specialties we serve. In part based on user input collected at the conference, we formulate strategies that we feel will give them the tools to thrive.”
“The users conference allows us to showcase new solutions, present product roadmaps to our clients and solicit feedback,” shares Dr. Michael Sherling, Chief Medical & Strategy Officer. “I’m particularly excited to announce the general availability of modmed® Kiosk, which we introduced at last year’s conference. With Kiosk, patients can update their personal, medical and pharmacy information using the native iPad application rather than filling out paperwork, which can result in a time reduction. Another solution designed to improve the efficiency of specialty practices.”
TriZetto Provider Solutions (TPS), a Cognizant company, has joined MOMENTUM 2017 as a Platinum Sponsor. Trusted by over 340,000 providers, TPS leverages industry-leading products and expertise to provide comprehensive revenue cycle management services that help healthcare organizations with billing, analytics, appeals, clinical integration, digital patient engagement and more. “As the Platinum Sponsor, we are excited to work with Modernizing Medicine to help improve physician practices in the ever-changing world of healthcare,” said Jody Maggard, Manager of National Channel Partner Sales at TriZetto Provider Solutions. “We look forward to attending MOMENTUM to network with healthcare leaders, discuss industry trends and showcase our software solutions.”
To learn more about Modernizing Medicine and its all-encompassing suite of health technology products, please visit www.modmed.com.
About Modernizing Medicine
Modernizing Medicine® and its affiliated companies empower physicians with suites of mobile, specialty-specific solutions that transform how healthcare information is created, consumed and utilized to increase efficiency and improve outcomes. Built for value-based healthcare, Modernizing Medicine’s data-driven, touch- and cloud-based products and services are programmed by a team that includes practicing physicians to meet the unique needs of dermatology, gastroenterology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, otolaryngology, pain management, plastic surgery, rheumatology and urology practices, as well as ambulatory surgery centers. For more information, please visit www.modmed.com. Connect with Modernizing Medicine on our Blog, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. Modernizing Medicine is a member of CommonWell Health Alliance.*
For more information, contact:
Matter (on behalf of Modernizing Medicine)
*‘CommonWell Health Alliance’ and the CommonWell logo are licensed trademarks of CommonWell Health Alliance in the U.S. and other jurisdictions.