Modernizing Medicine Showcases Benefits of Ophthalmology EMR at AAO 2018
Ophthalmology EHR and all-in-one solution help streamline practice workflow and operations
“Ophthalmologists need intuitive and mobile technology designed for them by other ophthalmologists in their subspecialty to help them succeed,” says Michael B. Rivers, MD, director of EMA ophthalmology at Modernizing Medicine. “In addition to the ophthalmology software, Modernizing Medicine genuinely cares about the success of its customers. After leading a large retina practice and using EMA in clinic, I understand what our users want and help communicate these needs to the team at Modernizing Medicine. No other vendor that I worked with invested the effort that this team does.”
Products and services in the ModMed Ophthalmology suite include:
- EMA, the cloud-based ophthalmology EHR system developed by practicing ophthalmologists. This native iPad application includes built-in medical wisdom with adaptive learning technology for ophthalmic subspecialties, including retina, ocular plastic surgery, cataracts and refractive surgery, cornea, glaucoma and more. EMA achieved 2015 Edition Health IT Module Certification* and Black Book™ rated it the #1 ophthalmology EMR for the second consecutive year in 2018.
- Ophthalmology Practice Management integrated with EMA to help streamline check-in, check-out, billing, scheduling and collections, plus measure the business’s health with metrics-driven reports.
- MIPS composite score reporting* and data submission available from EMA, as well as Advisory Services.
- ModMed Kiosk™, a native iPad application designed to save staff time and increase patient engagement by enabling them to perform self-service tasks.
- Analytics, a platform that allows practices to turn data into clinical, financial and operational insights, from enterprise to the provider level.
- Image Management, a centralized location to store patient diagnostic images and reports, as well as interface with diagnostic imaging devices including OCTs, Visual Fields, Corneal Topographers and Fundus Cameras.
- Optical Inventory & Point of Sale Management with FlexSys Vision Care Software.
- Mapping to the Academy’s IRIS® Registry (Intelligent Research in Sight), the world’s largest eye disease and condition registry.
“We’re happy with the efficiency we’ve created with EMA,” says Christine Sykora, practice administrator, Advanced Eye Care, SC. “We used to see 650 patients a month on paper, and now we see over 900 a month with fewer providers and shorter hours. EMA has also been a contributing factor to the 26 percent increase in revenue our practice has experienced over the last five years.”
Visitors to booth #1349 can have the chance to speak with some of the ophthalmologists who build the EMR system including Paul Gallogly, MD, ophthalmology team lead, posterior segment; and David A. Goldman, MD, ophthalmology team lead, anterior segment. Dr. Rivers and other members of the ophthalmology team will showcase the all-in-one solution from October 27 – 30, 2018, at McCormick Place in Chicago.
To learn more about the ophthalmology EMR and other products and services that can help transform the clinical, operational and financial aspects of a practice, please visit www.modmed.com/ophthalmology.
About Modernizing Medicine
Modernizing Medicine® and its affiliated companies are transforming how healthcare information is created, consumed and utilized in order to increase practice efficiency and improve patient outcomes. Our specialty-specific, data-driven and cloud-based electronic health records (EHR) and practice management (PM) systems, plus revenue cycle management (RCM) services, were built by a team including specialty physicians and practice management professionals. Our suite of products and services is designed to transform the clinical, financial and operational aspects of dermatology, gastroenterology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, otolaryngology, pain management, plastic surgery and urology practices. We also offer products designed specifically for ambulatory surgery centers. For more information, please visit www.modmed.com. Connect with Modernizing Medicine on our Blog, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
For more information, contact:
*Information relating to our EHR certification, including certain costs and limitations, can be found at www.modmed.com/costs-and-limitations.