Modernizing Medicine® to Showcase Data Sharing in Award-Winning Dermatology EMR at ADAM and AAD 2019
Dr. Michael Sherling to present about the future of dermatology health IT at ADAM
Boca Raton, Fla. – February 26, 2019 – Dermatology health information technology leader Modernizing Medicine will showcase the latest data sharing and other advancements in the ModMed® Dermatology suite of healthcare IT solutions at both the upcoming Association of Dermatology Administrators & Managers (ADAM) and the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) Annual Meetings, in Washington, D.C. Additionally, Modernizing Medicine’s Co-founder and Chief Medical and Strategy Officer, Dr. Michael Sherling, will present at ADAM on Thursday, February 28.
Modernizing Medicine helps dermatology practices manage their clinical, financial and operational outcomes by offering flexible data solutions, including:
- Data Explorer: a self-service solution that provides the flexibility to explore raw data to answer specific questions. Pre-specified data sets include patient demographics and history, prescribed medications and more. Users can build reports with multiple dimensions and export them for further analysis.
- Premium Analytics: a wide array of prepared dashboards and visualizations, including benchmarking data, to compare a practice with peers and national CMS data, and more.
“Many complex challenges such as physician burnout and changes to CMS regulations continue to affect the daily lives of dermatologists. Throughout all of these shifts, Modernizing Medicine has remained focused on ways in which we can improve and enhance our solutions to help alleviate these extra administrative burdens,” said Dr. Michael Sherling.
At both conferences, Modernizing Medicine will showcase its suite of intuitive solutions including its flagship product, EMA™, the award-winning dermatology EHR. The ModMed Dermatology suite includes:
- Practice Management
- Revenue Cycle Management
- Value-Based Care
- Inventory Management
- ModMed® Kiosk
“University Dermatology Center uses the full ModMed Dermatology suite. Having an all-in-one system has streamlined our business operations, helped decrease errors and reduced costs all around,” said Angel Cummings, Vice President of Operations at University Dermatology Center.
Focused on improving practice efficiency and preventing burnout, Modernizing Medicine will highlight the latest enhancements to its suite of solutions including:
- EMA: now with PDF Manager to save time and keep paperwork organized; OfficeFlow to streamline patient journeys within the practice and staff communication; the ability to create compound medications; and Surescripts electronic prior authorization (ePA) and Real-time Prescription Benefit.
- Practice Management: now with new features to help improve patient management and shorten the revenue cycle including appointment wait list, drag and drop appointments, custom claim edits, OCR scanning and referral source tracking.
- Patient Engagement: now with appointment reminders, and tools which can help speed up check in and enable patients to request appointments, request prescription refills and view statements to actively manage their care.
On Thursday, February 28, attendees at ADAM will have two opportunities to hear Dr. Sherling speak:
- 11:10 AM – 12:10 PM ET: Session “How Will EMR Change in 2019?”, Dr. Sherling will explore the hot trends facing healthcare IT in 2019, including changes to MIPS, healthcare access through virtual care, patient engagement and how payers, practices and patients will communicate in the future.
- 1:30 – 3:00 PM ET: Roundtable discussion “New Technology and Services,” Dr. Sherling will join Jessica Pape, practice administrator at the Chicago Cosmetic Surgery and Dermatology, to discuss the latest technologies and services successfully impacting their practices.
If you’re attending ADAM, visit the team at booth #16 on February 27, 2019, during exhibit hours. If you’re attending AAD, Modernizing Medicine will exhibit at booth #1237 from March 1 – 3, 2019.
To learn more about Modernizing Medicine’s dermatology EMR, dermatology practice management, dermatology billing and the entire suite of solutions, please visit www.modmed.com/dermatology.
About Modernizing Medicine
Modernizing Medicine® and its affiliated companies empower physicians with suites of mobile, specialty-specific solutions that transform how healthcare information is created, consumed and utilized to increase practice efficiency and improve patient outcomes. Built for value-based healthcare, Modernizing Medicine’s data-driven, touch- and cloud-based products and services are programmed by a team that includes practicing physicians to meet the unique needs of dermatology, gastroenterology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, otolaryngology, pain management, plastic surgery and urology practices, as well as ambulatory surgery centers. For more information, please visit www.modmed.com. Connect with Modernizing Medicine on our Blog, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
For more information, contact:
Matter for Modernizing Medicine