BOCA RATON, FL – April 30, 2013 – Modernizing Medicine, the creator of the Electronic Medical Assistant® (EMA™), a cloud-based, specialty-specific electronic medical records (EMR) system, announced today that it is integrating Nuance’s speech recognition technology within EMA, which can help improve physician documentation productivity, enhance physician satisfaction and assist physicians in keeping clinical information accurate and up to date in patient records.
Leveraging speech recognition software by Nuance, Modernizing Medicine’s customers can reap the productivity and financial benefits of talking naturally and at their own pace to document patient visits within EMA, while using built-in voice navigation, and correction capabilities and mobile device gesture support within the software.
“EMA was built to save physicians time, and Modernizing Medicine wants busy doctors to utilize EMA’s iPad app even more efficiently by speaking their documentation, saving them the time it takes to type,” said Charles Brodsky, Executive Vice President of Business Development at Modernizing Medicine.
Benefits of using EMA with speech recognition:
- It is faster than typing: Most physicians speak more than 120 words per minute, but only type fewer than 40 words per minute. Speech recognition lets people document while on the go in a fraction of the time.
- Works at each physician’s own pace of speech: Physicians can speak naturally without having to wait for recognized text to appear on screen or navigation commands to be recognized.
- Comes with an up-to-date medical vocabulary: Cloud-based, regularly-updated speech recognition and professional information means physicians have access to medical dictionaries, terms, phrases and clinical formatting rules.
- Provides visualization and feedback: Visual indicators show physicians where speech is enabled and what the audio recording levels are, to help ensure a seamless experience.
- Security: Speech-related data is communicated with 256-bit encryption to enable end-to-end security.
- Offers voice navigation and commands: Allows physicians to navigate and make corrections using their voice, or control audio capture and text corrections using familiar gestures on mobile devices.
About Modernizing Medicine
Modernizing Medicine is delivering the next generation of electronic medical records (EMR) technology for the healthcare industry. Our product, Electronic Medical Assistant® (EMA™), is a cloud-based, specialty-specific EMR with a massive library of built-in medical content, designed to save physicians time. Available as a native iPad application or from any web-enabled Mac or PC, EMA adapts to each provider’s unique style of practice and is designed to interface with hundreds of different practice management systems. Today, Modernizing Medicine provides specialty-specific offerings for the dermatology, ophthalmology, optometry, orthopedics, plastic surgery and cosmetic markets, and to more than 800 physician practices across the country. In 2013 Modernizing Medicine was listed at No. 47 on FORBES annual ranking of America’s Most Promising Companies.
For more information, contact:
Tara Auclair Ryan