Company Unveils Comprehensive Dermatology-specific Suite; Including Billing and Revenue Cycle Management, Inventory Management, Mobile, Telemedicine, Dermatopathology and schEMA Cognitive Computing App
Boca Raton, Florida – March 20, 2015 – Modernizing Medicine, Inc., the creator of the Electronic Medical Assistant® (EMA™), a cloud-based, specialty-specific electronic medical record (EMR) system, will demonstrate numerous new dermatology-specific products and services at the 2015 American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting. New features and functionality being showcased include:
- Billing and Revenue Cycle Management: Modernizing Medicine’s dermatology-specific billing solution leverages technology, dermatology billing specialists and proven processes that can help improve revenue cycles, lower claim denials, increase patient collections, increase profitability and foster business growth.
- Inventory Management: Modernizing Medicine’s cloud-based, specialty-specific inventory management system was designed to enable more efficient, accurate and automated inventory control of toxins, fillers, cosmeceuticals and cosmetic procedures.
- Mobile: Native to both Android and iOS, PocketEMA™ provides smartphone access to a patient’s chart and past notes, review of allergies and current medications, plus the ability to view additional documents like imaging reports.
- Telemedicine: The telemedicine app will allow dermatologists to treat existing patients when a virtual visit is appropriate. Integrated with EMA Dermatology, the app will enable physicians to get paid for their time and record the visit in the dermatology EMR system.
- DermPath: The new dermatopathology module will be integrated with EMA Dermatology and has been designed to support a wide range of users, from individuals or small groups of providers who interpret their own slides, to practices that outsource the technical component, to practices with larger laboratories that, in addition to processing EMA generated requisitions, process external requisitions received via courier.
- schEMA powered by IBM Watson: Harnessing the cognitive computing power of IBM Watson, Modernizing Medicine’s schEMA application gives physicians the ability to, in seconds, query thousands of medical journal articles from publications such as JAMA Dermatology and the British Journal of Dermatology, enabling enhanced evidence-based clinical decision support at the point-of-care.
EMA Dermatology, developed by dermatologists, is a market leader in dermatology EMR systems. Available as a native iPad application, cloud-based EMA Dermatology includes automated and advanced ICD-10 coding, Meaningful Use and PQRS capabilities, in addition to EMA’s Virtual Exam Room™, which helps to eliminate redundancies and automate communications.
“Since Modernizing Medicine’s founding five years ago, the company has been committed to providing specialty-specific solutions to help physicians improve efficiencies in their medical practices,” states Daniel Cane, CEO and co-founder of Modernizing Medicine. “The fact that EMA Dermatology was recently ranked #1 on the Black Book market research list for EHR vendors, for the second year in a row, shows we are filling a need previously unmet by other solutions on the market.”
“Modernizing Medicine’s pioneered and tailored approach to the creation, consumption and utilization of health information has driven the success of attaining almost 30 percent market share,” said Dr. Michael Sherling, co-founder and chief medical officer of Modernizing Medicine. “Between cognitive computing, dermatopathology and telemedicine, the new technologies we are showcasing at AAD this year serve as additional evidence of Modernizing Medicine’s unwavering commitment to advance how physicians provide care.”
Daniel Cane, in addition to practicing dermatologists Dr. Michael Sherling and Dr. Jordan Miller, will be at booth # 5216 to demonstrate EMA Dermatology and showcase the new products and services.
AAD 2015 is taking place at The Moscone Center in San Francisco, Calif., from Saturday, March 21 through Monday, March 23, 2015. For more information about AAD 2015, please visit the American Academy of Dermatology here.
About Modernizing Medicine
Modernizing Medicine® is transforming how healthcare information is created, consumed and utilized in order to increase efficiency and improve outcomes. Our flagship product, Electronic Medical Assistant® (EMA™), is a cloud-based, specialty-specific electronic medical records (EMR) system built by practicing physicians. Available as a native iPad application and from almost any web-enabled Mac or PC, EMA adapts to each provider’s unique style of practice. This ICD-10 ready EMR system is available for the dermatology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, otolaryngology, gastroenterology, rheumatology, urology and plastic and cosmetic surgery markets and used by over 5,000 physicians in the United States and its territories. The Modernizing Medicine family of companies also provides specialty-specific billing, inventory management and group purchasing services.
For more information, contact:
Tara Auclair Ryan