At Modernizing Medicine, we designed our specialty-specific suites from the outset to embrace the arrival of value-based care. As other practices and clinics struggle to meet the requirements, you can increase your income and avoid penalties with our help. Built right into our certified EHR system, EMA™, our complete MIPS solution gathers, tracks, benchmarks and submits your MIPS reporting data:
- Collect your MIPS data within the flow of the exam
- Track your MIPS Composite Score and progress on each measure
- Benchmark your performance against peers in real time
- Earn ACI bonus points effortlessly with our automated Specialized Registries
- Skip the hassle of attesting on the CMS website—our MIPS Registry lets you submit your Quality, ACI and IA data directly to CMS
- Help increase your income and avoid penalties
Why Choose Modernizing Medicine?
Value-based care isn’t going away, and we know firsthand how time-consuming it can be when trying to keep track of all the factors involved in MIPS reporting. That's why we work hard to stay ahead of the changes and ensure our clients avoid any unnecessary complications. We can provide you with the solutions you need to achieve MIPS success:
- Industry leadership in specialty-specific EHR content and usability
- Built-in MIPS Composite Score reporting and data submission
- Robust analytics and benchmarking tools tracking your performance in real time
- Patient engagement tools, including telehealth, patient kiosk and patient portal
- Concierge coaching with our advisory services
- Web and mobile solutions
Make data-driven decisions to improve health and cost-effectiveness while earning more under MIPS. Our powerful EHR solutions dig deep into population trends, care utilization and quality measures, helping you stay competitive. By enhancing health-system-generated data with patient-generated data, Modernizing Medicine helps improve accuracy, streamline workflows and give you valuable insights that can drive your success.
Adjustments start in 2019 based on your 2017 performance, and by 2022, they’ll increase to a 9% potential maximum.
This means that if your practice bills $1,000,000 per year in Medicare, your MIPS performance could make a $180,000 difference in your income. That adds up fast.
Unlike other EMR system companies, we built our specialty-specific suites from the outset to embrace this transition. As a proven leader in value-based care for specialty practices, Modernizing Medicine can provide everything you need for MIPS and MACRA success while keeping you prepared for any other future industry changes.
What Makes Up MACRA?
MACRA established the Quality Payment Program (QPP), which consolidates the existing quality reporting programs and adds a new component to create MIPS. MIPS factors in four weighted performance categories:
- Quality (replaces PQRS)
- Cost (replaces the Value-Based Modifier)
- Advancing Care Information (replaces Meaningful Use)
- Improvement Activities (a new component)
MACRA’s QPP also gives providers the option to skip MIPS by participating in an Advanced Alternative Payment Model (APM) that is a Qualified Participant. However, very few of the APMs available today apply to specialty physicians, so MIPS is the recommended value-based care pathway for specialists.
With MACRA and MIPS in full effect, data is key. Having an advanced EHR system like Modernizing Medicine’s EMA to automate your MIPS data collection and submission and provide robust analytics will be crucial to the prosperity of your practice.
We encourage you to visit CMS’ Quality Payment Program site to learn more about MIPS.