Modernizing Medicine’s Otolaryngology EMR Helps Fill a Gap in the Allergy EHR Market
Comprehensive new allergy database in leading ENT EHR makes it a streamlined solution for allergy practices
Many of the 5,000 practicing allergists in the United States still use software that is outdated or separate from their current EHR system. These systems can lack the out-of-the box capabilities necessary for allergists to accurately document patient visits, resulting in time-consuming workarounds when diagnosing and treating patients.
With the latest enhancements to EMA for otolaryngology, users of the system will have the ability to document allergy testing results per allergen panels. Results will be summarized and will help providers create their mixing vials from the results uncovered. Both panels and allergens can be pre-configured and managed, helping bring efficiency to the practice and enhancing the patient experience.
Overall, EMA for otolaryngology provides allergy specialists with access to a more comprehensive, user-friendly platform with adaptive learning that can increase practice efficiency and allow them to focus on patient care. Additionally, the allergy-specific solution brings together testing and injection recording under one umbrella, a major pain-point among allergists according to current Modernizing Medicine customers.
“Through interactions with our allergy specialists who have adopted EMA for otolaryngology, we came to understand their unique needs,” said Dr. David Lehman, senior medical director of otolaryngology at Modernizing Medicine. “We incorporated additional allergy-specific workflows and data including inhalant, food, and skin interactions into the ENT EMR software, so that, when coupled with EMA’s adaptive learning capabilities, allergists and ENTs using EMA can work more efficiently.”
Dr. Howard Garb of ENT Associates of East Texas shared, “After using EMA for just two months, I was able to leave the office on time with all documentation completed. I have not stayed after hours or had unfinished charts since implementing EMA.”
The EMR software for otolaryngology is only one portion of ModMed® Otolaryngology. Other solutions within the suite include:
- Practice Management (PM) – From scheduling the visit through service completion, this system fully integrates with EMA and focuses on practice operations and finances, connecting the front and back offices. Part of the all-in-one system, it’s designed for scheduling, document management, billing and reporting.
- Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) – From before the patient is seen until after their bill is paid, this medical billing and collections service addresses the entire revenue cycle.
- Analytics – Identify and track key performance indicators to optimize your practice with this innovative data analysis tool.
- Patient Engagement – Improve interactions with patients through Modernizing Medicine’s patient tools including the Patient Portal, ModMed® Kiosk, Patient Reminders and Patient Surveys.
- ePrescribing – Move through patient visits seamlessly with automated prescription benefits through Surescripts and lock into their Real-Time Prescription Benefits program.
EMA for otolaryngology was recently ranked the #1 EHR system for the fifth consecutive year by Black Book™ Research.
To learn more about the ModMed Otolaryngology suite and ENT software, please visit Modernizing Medicine at www.modmed.com/otolaryngology/. Attendees of the Combined Otolaryngology Spring Meetings (COSM) can visit Modernizing Medicine booth 607 during exhibition hours from May 2-4, 2019.
About Modernizing Medicine
Modernizing Medicine® and its affiliated companies empower physicians with suites of mobile, specialty-specific solutions that transform how healthcare information is created, consumed and utilized to increase practice efficiency and improve patient outcomes. Built for value-based healthcare, Modernizing Medicine’s data-driven, touch- and cloud-based products and services are programmed by a team that includes practicing physicians to meet the unique needs of dermatology, gastroenterology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, otolaryngology, pain management, plastic surgery and urology practices, as well as ambulatory surgery centers. For more information, please visit www.modmed.com. Connect with Modernizing Medicine on our Blog, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
For more information, contact:
Matter for Modernizing Medicine